The Stewardship Ambassadors Ministry was constituted by the Executive Committee of the CNI Synod in its meeting held on 16-17th February 2011 by appointing dedicated and committed women of the Church in the field of education. The appointment of women Ambassadors was inspired by the characters and constructive role played by the women like Deborah, Ruth, Esther, Lydia, Martha, Mary Magdalene, Mary of Bethany and Salome. The Ambassadors of the Ministry were commissioned on 30 April 2011 with a flower of rose along with thorns. It was not only a symbol of commissioning, but it was recognition of their ministry for offering themselves for His Mission. They were reminded at the time of commissioning that, Stewardship Ambassadors Ministry is not a ministry of roses but to accept challenges, hardships, humiliation and problems to accomplish His Mission with compassion, love and dedication.
During its short journey, the Stewardship Ambassadors Ministry enabled the Church of North India to come out of financial crisis, to revive the Child Care Ministry under PDS model (Parents-Diocese-Synod), to support the students for competitive exams and to take a new challenge of starting women empowerment programme in future.
MISSION OF STEWARDSHIP AMBASSADORS MINISTRY
- To take active part in Holistic life of the Church by sharing wisdom, talents and treasure.
- To build a community of Faith and Hope.
- To enable believers that the faith is to be practiced in action by demonstrating His love for needy children to get education.
- To generate resources to fulfill His Mission.
- To support the Church to become self-reliant.
SPONSORED HOSTELS BY STEWARDSHIP AMBASSADORS MINISTRY
- Thompson Women Training Hostel (Diocese of Cuttack)
- I. P. Mission Girls’ Hostel, Anand (Diocese of Gujarat)
- Sharansthan Children Home, Banswara (Diocese of Rajasthan)
- Mission Girls Hostel, Ajmer. (Diocese of Rajasthan)
- Douglas Girls High School, Jalna (Diocese of Marathwada)
- Christ Church Girls Hostel, Aurangabad. (Diocese of Marathwada)
- Avalon Girls Senior Secondary School, Pathankot (Diocese of Chandigarh)
- Bishop Hostel, Jowai (Diocese of North East India)
- St. John’s School Hostel, Taljhari (Diocese of Patna)
- Asha Sadan Boys Hostel (Diocese of Phulbani)
- Mount Carmel Boys Hostel (Diocese of Phulbani)
- Emmanuel Boys Hostel (Diocese of Phulbani)
- Yuva Vikas Kendra, Palampur (Diocese of Amritsar)
- Khariar Girls Hostel, Deeptipur (Diocese of Sambalpur)
- Palghar Boys Hostel (Diocese of Bombay)
STEWARDSHIP AMBASSADORS MINISTRY SCHOLARSHIP FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION
Stewardship Ambassadors Ministry and the Church of North India Synod is generating funds for Scholarship for the coaching of the Civil Services Examinations to support and encourage young talents in the Church to be a part of the administrative & bureaucratic structure of the Government.
- Reviving CCC – CNI under the name of Child Care Residential Ministry of SAM, CNI (PDS Model).
- Women empowerment Movement on cooperative basis.
- To start one child Care Residential Centre in each Diocese.
DREAM AND HOPE
To spread the concept of Stewardship Ambassadors Ministry on a global level as the concept of the Fellowship of the Least Coin was spread and later on has been accepted and adopted by the main line Churches of the world.
OFFICE BEARERS OF THE STEWARDSHIP AMBASSADORS MINISTRY
Mr. Prem Masih
Hony. Treasurer, CNI Synod
Omega Building, 19 August Kranti Marg
Mumbai- 400 007,
Mrs. Prabhjot Primrose Masih
United Christian Institute,
Suranussi, Jalandhar- 144027
Mrs. Poornima Lall
St. Crispin’s Senior Secondary School
New Railway Road
Gurgaon– 122 001, Haryana